The preamble describes a "Vision" for Grays Inn Road as part of a larger scheme for the Farringdon Area:
- improved streets for walking & cycling
- clearer and easier access to move through the area on foot, cycle or public transport
- safe, attractive and less cluttered streets
- a better place to live, work and do business.
The current set of proposals are related to bus reliability and pedestrian safety. They include the following:
- Raised zebra crossings at five sites with a standard layout that involves build outs to leave a 9m wide crossing. (some of these replace informal crossings with islands, some are new).
- Long stretches of double yellow lines with loading restrictions (see Appendix 1 of the consultation).
- footway widening on the east side between Ampton Street and Calthorpe Street
- Carriageway cycle parking in Wren Street and several other side streets